Every buyer’s choice might not match up with you, but some common things that a buyer may want must be well understood from your side. Yes, you nailed it; you don’t need to make any major change or any huge preparation to sell your home; rather some minor changes with the proper tricks can change the full structure of your home and therefore make your home eligible for a good sale. “First impression is the last impression”. So, without further delay, let’s now discuss some common tips that might be useful enough before putting up your house for sale.
- Avoid personal items: To sell your home, remove your household personal items like old wall hangings, family photos, and other personalized items. During a close inspection of the home, buyers are found to be prone to somehow place themselves in the owner’s place. Your personalized items might not seem as sweet as they seem to you.
- Outside of the home: if a negative tone settles deep down into the heart of the buyer’s heart seeing the outside of the home, this can influence their judgment regarding the inside of the house too, irrespective of how beautifully the latter is presented. So, take equal care of the roof, gutters, and downspouts too. Keep the outside lawn clean and neat too; these things can play a major role to sell your home.
- Attract with neutral colors: It’s absolutely a mandatory step to keep in mind while choosing the color for your home. Suppose, you paint a deep green or a red, it may create an acute problem to sell your home as these bright colors will make space appear much congested and small. So try out with light colors like off-white, white, skin which will make the impression of more free space.
- Materials and finishes: the things that amply influence the verdict of the buyer regarding your home are the Materials and finishes of the home. The more high-quality material you will be used in furnishing the home, the more elevated impression will be sketched in the buyer’s mind of your property. For example, to sell your home with the best deal, you can take the help of luxurious carpets, vinyl flooring, good quality tiles, plastic laminate counters in kitchens and bathrooms, and so on.
- Let the light enter: All buyers crave an airy and light-filled house with well enough space and this is the lion’s share that you need to attract the buyers to sell your home. Don’t dim up your rooms with table lamps or ceiling lights. Instead, open up all the doors and windows, let the light enter the rooms thus making the rooms airy and pleasurable.
- Avoid bulky furniture: Hope you are serious enough to sell your home? Then, of course, avoid the heavy furniture that might eat up space and make your rooms look much smaller. Oversized furniture makes the rooms much congested and due to congestion, it might not be the first choice of the buyer.
- Check the ceiling: to sell your home to the best possible buyer, give him the impression that everything is just in its mint condition and a cracked ceiling can pour cold water in all of your efforts. So, make sure that the ceiling is well polished and take corrective measures like placing an air purifier for mold.
- Keep some nature’s gift inside: Put some well maintained potted plants or stunning pretty blooming flowers inside your home to fill up the space of some empty corners and make sure the plants are not at all drowsy. The beautiful aroma of the flowers and the pretty decoration of the rooms will surely catch the eyes of the buyers and you are ready to sell your home.
When a buyer comes for a close inspection to buy a house, it’s the seller’s responsibility not to miss out on the first chance for selling the home. Suppose the buyer’s answer is “no” after over-viewing the home, let them have a feeling of repetition about the house which they canceled up. Be careful enough to impress the buyer in one go and don’t let out the opportunity go for letting your home sell. Best of luck to the sellers.
Call me today and have my teamwork for you. You will be thankful that you did! EdConstable.com Team Your Realtor for LIFE
Do you want your home selling experience to be made easy?
Ed Constable is a top Realtor in Fenton, MI, and surrounding areas!